Spicy Chicken Pizza
This pizza recipes incorporates a number of gut-healing ingredients such as:
Green banana flour, onion and garlic which are prebiotics that help the growth of healthy gut bacteria
Gelatin powder which is high in the amino acids glycine and proline, essential for the health of the cells that line the gut wall.
Vegetables and herbs that are high in polyphenols to further help the growth of healthy gut bacteria and to assist with detoxification.
This is one pizza you can enjoy without the guilt….
• ½ cup almond flour
• ¼ cup green banana flour
• ½ cup cooked cauliflower
• ¼ tsp baking soda
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• ¼ cup water
• 1 tsp coconut oil
• 1 white onion – sliced
• Any vegetables, thinly sliced
• ½ red onion - thinly sliced
• 200g Chicken breast, marinated in chili and crushed garlic
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 2 tbsp gelatin powder
• Fresh or dried oregano, basil and chili
• Pasta sauce – homemade or organic and additive-free
Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
For the Base
1. Mix all ingredients together until well blended
2. Add more water if too dry – it needs to have smooth consistency but not runny.
3. Spoon the mixture onto a heated pan and spread it evenly to about a 1cm thickness
4. Allow to cook through, then turn over and cook on the other side.
5. Place onto baking tray.
For the Topping
1. Bake the marinated chicken for 15 mins then slice or shred when cooled.
2. In a pan, heat the coconut oil and caramelize the onion. Then add the vegetables and garlic until slightly cooked.
3. Add 2 tbsp of pasta sauce to the pan and heat.
4. Add salt, pepper and more chili to taste
5. Layer the pizza base with pasta sauce, vegetables, herbs and chicken
6. Sprinkle gelatin powder over the top. This produces a layer that has a consistency and flavor similar to melted parmesan cheese.
7. Heat in oven for 10-15 minutes.
8. Top with rocket leaves and cherry tomatoes (or serve with a fresh salad).