Sweet Potato Salad
This salad is simple to make so it’s a great one to have midweek when time is limited.
As with all meals in The Biome Protocol, each ingredient serves a specific role in the body:
Quinoa and kidney beans are high in prebiotics and fibre, which help increase the number of healthy bacteria in the gut and keep you fuller for longer.
Watercress, sweet potato and grapefruit are high in antioxidants and nutrients to help reduce inflammation, eliminate toxins and assist with cell function.
Avocados and olive oil are high in monounsaturated fats, making them potent anti-inflammatory foods that help with brain health.
So, it’s delicious and nutritious….
For the salad
• 1 cup of watercress
• 1 cup of sprouts
• ½ cup cooked kidney beans**
• 1 medium sweet potato – baked*
• 2 tbsp cooked quinoa**
• 1 avocado sliced
For the dressing
• Juice of half a lemon
• Juice of half an orange
• ½ bunch of coriander
• 1 clove crushed garlic
• 2 tbsp olive oil
1. Layer all the salad ingredients in a bowl or on a plate.
2. For the dressing, blend all the ingredients for 30 seconds in a blender, until smooth.
3. Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving.
4. Serve with steamed fish.